Terms and Conditions
Bookings can be made by our website, by telephone or e-mail. Once you have confirmed the booking details with Health and Safety Matters Limited, it is deemed that you accept these Terms and Conditions. Course bookings can be made up to 3 months in advance.
You must inform us at the time of booking of any special requirements or needs of a delegate who will be attending a course booked with us.
Payment for any open course that we show on this website will require payment on booking. All course requests will be classed as provisionally booked until payment has been received. Therefore if the course has sold out and payment has not been received we will advise you of the next available course .We do not operate a 30 day payment policy on open courses and keep our prices as low as possible to meet your training budget. For in-house training, we request payment is immediately after delivery. We will negotiate company rates based on commitment and volume.
Certificates will not be issued until payment has been received and cleared by our accounts. The cost of the certificate is included within the course fee.
Due to the fact that the loss or destruction of a certificate is a serious matter, we can only issue a replacement certificate if we can establish that the applicant has obtained the relevant qualification. There is a fee for replacing certificates the current fee is set at £25 per application.
We will only use the wording for delegate names given to us from the completed delegate list on the day. We are not responsible for incorrect information entered on to the Delegates list on the day of training and any cost incurred due to certificate re-issues will be met by the client.
Health and Safety Matters Limited reserves the right to cancel the dates or alter services and we will give no less than a week’s notice to the client. In the event of a cancellation by Health and Safety Matters Limited we will transfer the booking to the next mutually convenient date unless the client states otherwise.
If the booking is cancelled by the client the following fees will be payable.
• 30 days notice – no charge
• Less than 30 days notice – 30% of the cost
• Less than 21 days notice – 50% of the cost
• Less than 14 days notice – 75% of the cost
• Less than 7 days notice – 100% of the cost
Any cancellation of a confirmed booking you have made must be made in writing and is subject to a £10 administration charge. The full fee’s policy is available on request.
Delegates must adhere to the schedule of the training course which will be confirmed with you prior to the delivery date of the training. Delegates who fail to attend the full duration of the course may result in the delegate’s removal from the final examination (where applicable).
Health and Safety Matters Limited are committed to upholding eight Data Protection Principles of good information handling practice.
The Principles state that:
1. The information to be contained in personal data shall be obtained, and personal data shall be processed, fairly and lawfully.
2. Personal data shall be held only for one or more specified and lawful purposes.
3. Personal data held for any purpose or purposes shall not be used or disclosed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
4. Personal data held for any purpose or purposes shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to that purpose or those purposes.
5. Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
6. Personal data held for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
7. An individual shall be entitled:
• At reasonable intervals and without undue delay or expense –
• To be informed by any Data User whether he holds personal data of which that individual is the subject;
• To have access to any such data held by a Data User; and
• Where appropriate, to have such data corrected or erased.
8. Appropriate security measures shall be taken against unauthorised access to, or alteration, disclosure or destruction of, personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of personal data.