Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for anyone with a responsibility to conduct risk assessments. It is particularly useful for managers and supervisors but it will be equally beneficial to individual workers, team leaders, technicians, engineers or any other personnel contributing to the risk assessment process. Candidates should have a basic knowledge of general health and safety matters prior to taking the course.
Call 0151 384 5188 for details.
- General introduction
- Principles of risk assessment
- Risk assessment in practice
- Summary and Assignment
By the end of the course delegates will be able to
- Contribute to the risk assessment programmes at their workplace
- Conduct risk assessments
- Organise and implement a risk assessment programme
- Participate in the identification of specific training raised through risk assessment
- Assist employers in meeting legal requirements and promote improved standards of health
Following the course, candidates are required to undertake an assignment consisting of a risk assessment on the candidate’s own work environment. It is expected that this will take between 10-12 hours and should be completed within four weeks of the course. Candidates are required to complete the course, assignment and self-evaluation achieving 60% or more in order to receive a Chartered Institute of Environmental Health Risk Assessment Certificate.