IOSH Leading Safely includes 4 study units:
Health and Safety Leadership: Your role and responsibilities.
Getting Health and Safety Right: Guidance on the effective planning and implementation of policies and workplace practice.
Incident Management and Recovery: Your responsibilities and the potential penalties for non-compliance with health and safety laws.
Personal Commitment: Your commitment to managing targeted plans for improving your organisation’s health and safety performance.
Content and assessment
- Initial diagnostic questionnaire on your safety and health leadership behaviours
- Personalised report based on your responses, including recommendations on actions to take and improvements to make
- Case study review, tailored to your needs and industry – how things can go wrong, then ‘getting it right’, including a follow-on scenario based around putting improvements in place using Plan-Do-Check-Act and integration into business systems
- Assessment is completion of a personal commitment – a set of actions to take following the recommendations in your report and other learning
How the course delivery style suits you
- Short duration so as not to disrupt the busy schedule of CEOs, MDs, senior managers, directors and executives
- Only five hours face-to-face learning
- Examples chosen to suit your needs and industry
- A reduction in accident rates, absence and sick leave
- Increased productivity and profits
- An improved reputation among suppliers, clients and partners
- Reduced insurance premiums and legal costs
- Better business continuity