IOSH (The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) have designed a Leading safely course in conjunction with business leaders to cover only what you need, in as short a time as possible. Health and Safety Matters provides dynamic IOSH accredited trainers who will ensure you enjoy and benefit from this crucial one day programme.
Whatever the size of your organisation, the course will show you how investing in safety and health can reap valuable business benefits, including better productivity, increased profits, an enhanced reputation and a stronger brand.
Key learning points
- Recognising the value of strategic safety and health and its integration into business management systems and performance
- Understanding your safety and health responsibilities
- Appreciating the consequences of poor safety and health
- Planning the overall direction for safety and health in your organisation
- Understanding the importance of adequately resourcing your safety and health management system
- Knowing why you should monitor and review your safety and health performance
Content and assessment
- Initial diagnostic questionnaire on your safety and health leadership behaviours
- Personalised report based on your responses, including recommendations on actions to take and improvements to make
- Case study review, tailored to your needs and industry – how things can go wrong, then ‘getting it right’, including a follow-on scenario based around putting improvements in place using Plan-Do-Check-Act and integration into business systems
- Assessment is completion of a personal commitment – a set of actions to take following the recommendations in your report and other learning
How the course delivery style suits you
- Short duration so as not to disrupt the busy schedule of CEOs, MDs, senior managers, directors and executives
- Only five hours face-to-face learning,
- Examples chosen to suit your needs and industry
Learners use the diagnostic tool, accessed via a mobile app, to identify their current safety and health position against a set of critical questions. The tool recommends the actions they should take. At the end of the course they make a commitment to a personal action plan to improve their own and their organisations’ safety and health management.
An app to access their diagnostic tool/action planner – access to a safety leadership community, with news from IOSH, and up-to-date discussions on themes in safety leadership, from trainers and delegates.